Brew are expanding
Brew have been steadily growing in stature and need to bolster our development team in order to service new business for a combination of both new and existing clients.
We are looking for web developers who are self-motivated and passionate about solving problems with code. Our team continually strive to be the best at what they do and enjoy dedicating themselves to producing exceptional work.
Part of the Adaptavist Group
Brew are the web design and development team within the Adaptavist Group, who are the leading solutions partner for Atlassian. As part of this international company we enjoy big company benefits such as pensions, private healthcare, income protection, life assurance scheme, along with a legendary week long company conference in December.
Working at Brew, Benefits and Salary
We are not your average web development team. Our time is expensive because we actively avoid rolling out the same solutions again and again. We like to work as a brain rather than a machine. This means that we have to be highly collaborative to make sure we leverage the best creative ideas. At the same time we need to have rigorous processes in place to ensure that the solutions we deliver and the way we deliver them always exceed expectations.
As you can probably imagine, maintaining a high level of expertise across: strategy, creativity, technical excellence and accountability, requires a very tight knit team who get a kick out of working together and what they produce. This is why our culture is so important to us - it's what defines our approach to everything and it's also the reason our clients come back to work with us time and time again.
We enjoy a flexible attitude to work whereby you don’t always have to be in the office 9-5, but our office is a lovely place to be with lots of chill-out areas, things to amuse ourselves with, and your choice of tea/coffee/beer on an intravenous drip (our name isn't an accident). We also operate a take what you need holiday policy - provided you take the minimum statutory of 4 weeks.
Salary guide: Between £25,000 and £40,000 p.a. + benefits, though we are willing to be flexible dependent upon experience.
What we're looking for
We currently focus on using the following technologies. Knowledge of these would be ideal:
- OO PHP (or similar, e.g. Ruby, Python, etc…)
- Web application frameworks (e.g. Laravel, Symfony, Ruby on Rails, Django, etc...)
- MySQL / Postgres
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Linux / Apache / NGINX
- Amazon Web Services / Digital Ocean
Extra points if you have any familiarity with:
- REST API development
- Composer / Bundler / npm
- Test driven development and Unit testing
- Continuous Integration (automated build, test & deployment)
- Web accessibility / SEO / website speed performance best practices
- Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc...)
The salary for this role is competitive but depends on experience. We have an abundance of perks and we're growing these all the time depending on what the team find most beneficial:
- Holidays - we operate a take what you need policy. Provided you take the minimum statutory of 4 weeks.
- Flexible working - whatever that means to you. Provided the team can accommodate it we're open to what you need… Working from home on a Thursday, early start for an early finish... Need to bring your dog in... No problem.
- Choice regarding your hardware/software setup - tell us what your preference is.
- A commitment to staff self-improvement - with a personal allowance for any learning materials / subscriptions / conferences you would like to attend.
- Regular social events on the company - drinking yes, but we also like to have other new and diverse adventures too.
- Remember that experience is not necessarily as important as the right attitude in conjunction with commitment and enthusiasm. If you don’t have everything we’re looking for but are willing to learn then please don't hesitate to apply.